Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I was waiting to take a cab to my site this morning and it was drizzling, so boy was i glad to see one after bout 5 mins of wait.

This was my conversation with the Indian (prob a singh? because he had a turban) taxi driver:

Me: [Address]

(After a minute.)

Driver: Juwf niunf iwuefn heanfd [Muffled Blabber]

Me: Pardon?

Driver: Juwf niunf iwuefn heanfd [Muffled Blabber] --> At this point i managed to make out something like [Just now heavy rain right?] but i wasn't sure so to double confirm....

Me: Sorry, but pardon?

Driver: Do you speak english?

Me: Yaya.

......

[S I L E N C E]

-----The End-----

Wooolooooloooloooooooo. I didnt mean to treat it as though his slang was that bad but his muffled voice together with the indian slang was incredibly hard to understand. I'm Sorry Mr cab driver!! I think I just killed his ego because after that when he was asking for directions he spoke so softly and used some sign language like *point point*. XD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home